COMPANY: Royal Hong Kong Yacht Club
JOB TITLE: Boatyard Manager
The Royal Hong Kong Yacht Club is looking for a high caliber individual to fill the post of Boatyard Manager which will become vacant in August 2021.
This is a Head of Department position reporting directly to the General Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating, overseeing and managing the day-to-day repair and maintenance activities of what is a very busy yard. Whilst technical knowledge, leadership skills and management experience are all very important criteria, it will be equally important that the successful candidate has a positive, proactive attitude and show good interpersonal and communication skills with members and staff alike.
· Review current practices, procedures and policies and make recommendations for any improvements that are required in the short, medium and long terms.
· Ensure the appropriate resources are in place to support and facilitate the yard activities in a safe, cost effective, professional, environmental and sustainable way.
· Lead a team of workers and sub-contractors to handle the day-to-day boat repair and maintenance works for both large and small racing and cruising yachts, and the club’s fleet of race management and support boats.
· Set up, implement and review maintenance programs for the boat fleet under repair.
· Provide technical advice and recommendations and prepare quotations on repairs and improvement works for members on their yachts.
· Proactively update members on the progress of any work being carried out in the yard.
· Prepare forecasts and budgets for the yard operation and report on monthly performance.
· Perform ad-hoc duties as assigned.
We look for an experienced professional with:
· Vocational/Technical School Certificate in related disciplines.
· Preferably 10 years’ experience in managing a yard or in a similar yachting environment.
· Strong communication, interpersonal and customer service skills.
· Problem solving skills along with experience in costing, quality control, health and safety and environmental aspects.
· A natural commitment to achieving customer satisfaction from all work carried out by the yard.
· Practical and proven knowledge in repair and maintenance of small, large, traditional and modern racing and cruising yachts.
· Excellent time-management and facilitation skills with the ability to supervise work in the agreed order of priorities.
· Sound management skills with an ability to manage, motivate and lead the whole boatyard team (including workers and sub-contractors) to achieve the desired result.
· Proficiency in MS Office applications.
· Good command of written and spoken English. An ability to communicate in Cantonese is an added advantage.
We offer an attractive remuneration and excellent fringe benefits package to the right candidate. Interested parties should submit a comprehensive CV together with expected salary to the Human Resources Manager, RHKYC, Kellett Island, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong or email email@example.com
Hong Kong BIA – A new voice for the leisure marine trade in Hong Kong